Check out our latest sport equipment facts and so much more.
- Sporting equipment can range from the boots or shoes worn for a sport including protective gear worn by athletes such as pads or helmets through to objects used to play sports such as bats, balls, racquets and goal posts.
- Original golf balls used to be made by carpenters out of hardwoods such as beech trees.
- Regular exercise helps boost the immune system.
- Olympic gold medals are actually made mostly of silver.
- Sport equipment designers and engineers of today use a variety of technological advancements for designs and testing including, computer modelling, nanotechnology, wind tunnels and specialized robotic machinery.
- A soccer (football) goal must be 24 feet (7.32 m) wide by 8 feet (2.44 m) tall.
- The official match ball of the 2014 FIFA World Cup is called the ‘Brazuca’. Adidas spent two and a half years designing and testing the ball with the help of 600 professional players and 30 teams. The micro dimple textured surface aims to enhance grip, touch, stability and aerodynamics on the field.
- Baseball bats are traditionally made from ash wood, or sometimes maple and bamboo. Aluminum bats are not allowed in professional leagues.
For more interesting facts about sports stay tuned to our blog because more good stuff coming soon guys! 😉
#LodhiSports #SportsEquipment #Facts #Sports #EpicenterOfSports